Saturday, April 24, 2010

"normal" day

Today was my first "normal" day in a very long time, not having to be stressed out about the upcoming surgery or the results of the next test, or scheduling the next appointment. I was able to get up, sneak out quietly without waking anyone up, and just go to work. Everyone wanted to chat and hear all about my experiences. I indulged them and shared little bits that I thought helped me to be a better nurse, things that I had experienced first hand that we deal with every day. I hope I helped them to think about things even just a little bit or for a moment. I came home after work was am exhausted and just ordered dinner, no cooking tonight. I am going to take a bath and take two percocet, maybe not in that order, then I am going to bed. The best part of it all is I have no kids!!!! yay, a quie night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're still being so positive... enjoy not having kids... enjoy going back toward normal... enjoy knowing the sun will rise again tomorrow. Love you sister.